DRCC Annual Report 2019
07 September 2020
You can also read the 2019 statistics supplement and watch the launch of the annual report on the DRCC YouTube channel.
The 2019 annual report shows a continued growth in people seeking supports across all its services. There were 14,159 total contacts to the National Helpline, up almost 6% over 2018. The number of those seeking therapy and counselling from DRCC also grew to 617 clients in 2019. Some 300 people were directly supported in attending the Sexual Assault Treatment Unit following rape or sexual assault, as well as 240 of their friends and family members. DRCC reports a stark increase in those seeking its accompaniment through the criminal justice system of 118% over 2018.
DRCC Headline statistics for 2019:
- 14,159 total contacts to the National Helpline, an increase of 5.93% over 2018 and up 10.14% compared with 2017 calls.
- 617 clients received counselling & therapy from the centre, compared with 582 in 2018.
- 4,757 therapy hours completed for Centre clients;
- 300 people accompanied at the Sexual Assault Treatment Unit in Dublin’s Rotunda Hospital and support given to 240 family and friends of these victims.
- 161 criminal justice system accompaniment days, with 45 people accompanied in court and to Garda stations and a further 49 supported by phone, text or e-mail.
- 120 training days to 1631 people;
- 69 talks given in secondary schools and colleges
- 9 submissions and several other policy interventions across criminal justice, communications, human rights, health education and victim’s rights