DRCC PART-TIME PSYCHOTHERAPISTS/COUNSELLORS
- 3 positions on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
- 1 position on Thursday, Friday, Saturday (1-year fixed term contract)
- Subject to Túsla continued funding
Vacancies have arisen on the Monday Therapy Team for three 3-day positions (Monday to Wednesday) and on the Thursday Team for one 3-day position (Thursday to Saturday).
We are inviting applications for Psychotherapists /Counsellors to work on a part-time basis. The successful candidates must have professional counselling/psychotherapy qualifications and must be fully accredited at the time of application with IAHIP, IACP or other modalities of ICP.
The successful candidates will work as part of the Monday or Thursday team, providing face to face crisis counselling and psychotherapy services to people who have experienced recent or past rape, sexual assault and/or childhood sexual abuse.
The successful candidate’s normal place of work will be at the Company’s offices at 70 Lower Leeson Street or other outreach offices requested by the Company (DRCC outreaches are located in Coolock, Balbriggan, Tallaght and Dóchas Women’s prison).
All prospective employees are required to declare prior convictions and whether they have been or ever having been the subject of any investigation or enquiry into abuse or other inappropriate behaviour. Gardaí Vetting is a requirement.
How to apply
- Complete and return application form with current CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com
- Please put MONDAY in the subject line of your email, if applying for the Monday-Wednesday positions, or THURSDAY in the subject line if applying for the Thursday-Saturday position.
- Closing date for receipt of applications: 31st August 2021
- Interviews will be held: 6th & 7th September 2021
DRCC requests your permission to collect and store your data.
DRCC Therapy Services Manager
Job Ref: Dublin Rape Crisis Centre
Type: Full-time, permanent role
Location: Dublin 2
Salary: €55,000 - €65,000 depending on experience
Closing Date: 5pm on Monday, 26 July 2021
The Dublin Rape Crisis Centre (DRCC) has a twofold mission: to prevent the harm and heal the trauma of all forms of sexual violence in Ireland. We provide therapeutic and first response services through the National 24/7 Helpline, face to face therapy and a developing online counselling programme. We provide accompaniment and support to those who attend the Rotunda Sexual Assault Treatment Unit, Garda Stations, and the Courts. In addition, we offer education and training programmes for a wide variety of professionals and volunteers who work with those who have experienced sexual violence.
The DRCC is now recruiting a Therapy Services Manager to support the Head of Clinical Services with the delivery of an efficient and effective client therapy service within the DRCC. This is a new role, and the successful candidate will form part of the management structure of the department overseeing and supervising a team of 24 therapists.
The post holder will require a relevant professional qualification and experience in counselling or psychotherapy, together with accreditation of a relevant professional institution – the PSI, IACP, or ICP.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development, implementation, and review of therapy services by identifying, recommending, and implementing policies, processes and systems designed to improve and enhance the therapy services function.
- Supporting therapy operations and activities across the Therapy Department in addition to coordinating client services and resources in outreach locations.
- Along with the Head of Clinical Services and external supervisors, providing Clinical Supervision for a number of therapists.
- Conducting case management meetings with therapists and reviewing the overall intake of clients, prioritising daily provision of crisis appointments.
If you’re an innovative, proactive manager with exceptional organisational development experience, strong IT skills, a therapeutic background in the area of sexual violence/abuse, and a passion for providing high quality care and continuous improvement, we’d love to hear from you!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the full job description, candidate information pack, and application details for this role. Please use the job title and name of the organisation you’re interested in as the subject of your email.
The recruitment campaign for the role of Therapy Services Manager is being managed exclusively on behalf of the DRCC by non-profit specialist recruitment consultancy CCI Executive Search.
Closing date: 5pm on Monday, 26 July 2021.
Volunteering with the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre
We recruit volunteers to support our telephone counselling and accompaniment services twice a year, in February and September. Volunteers are a vital part of our mission to heal the trauma of sexual violence and we rely heavily on their dedication and commitment. No prior experience is needed, we provide full training and expert support.
Visit our volunteering page for more information and training dates.
If you are interested in volunteering with our fundraising team or in some other capacity, we would love to hear from you. Email us with any queries or telephone us at 01-661 4911.