Helpline interpreting service
Our National Helpline can now support you in more than 240 languages.
If your first language is not English, we can provide support to you via our free and confidential telephone interpreting service (click to download a flyer in English).
The interpreting service is available
- Daytime: Monday to Friday from 8am to 6:30pm, except holidays.
- Nightime: every day from midnight to 8am, including holidays.
To use this service, you simply follow the steps below:
- Call the National Helpline on 1800 77 8888
- Tell us the language you speak, and we will ask you to stay on the line for a few minutes.
- We will then connect you with an interpreter over the phone.
- The interpreter will then help you to speak to us in your preferred language.
- Your call will be free and confidential.
If you know someone who has limited or no English but who needs support, you can call the National Helpline to learn more about supports available.
Click on the images below to access Information in various languages:
- For those who are deaf or hard of hearing, we provide a text service, operating Mon-Fri from 8am to 6:30pm, at 086-8238443 and we also have a webchat service available Mon-Fri, 10am to 5pm (excluding Bank Holidays).
- You can also chat to us online - click here for more information.
For those seeking therapy and counselling, we can also provide interpretation support - contact us on the National Helpline 1800 778888, 8am to 6:30pm, Mon-Fri.