Find local supports
If you need support immediately, please call the National Helpline at 1800 77 8888.
Sexual Assault Treatment Units
The SATUs provide specialist care for people who have recently been sexually assaulted or raped. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have a parent or legal guardian with you to give permission for a forensic examination.
The SATU services respond to requests from Gardaí to aid the legal process. They also provide services for people who do not wish to report the incident to the Gardaí. There is no charge for any of the SATU services or follow up appointments.
SATU services can be accessed via An Garda Síochána, or by contacting the SATU nearest you directly. You will find a list of SATUs with contact details on the HSE's website or by calling the DRCC National Helpline 1800 778888 - this is open 24 hours daily.
Rape Crisis Services
A rape crisis centre is a holistic safe space to access counselling and therapy to help you move forward from trauma, as well as receive practical and crisis support and information. There are 16 rape crisis centres around Ireland - find your local service on the map below. You can also ring the National Helpline 1800 778888 to be referred to a local service.
[map with locations of RCCs]
For information on other RCCs, please visit the relevant website linked below:
- Athlone Midland Rape Crisis Centre
- Carlow & South Leinster Rape Crisis Centre
- Sexual Violence Centre Cork
- Donegal Sexual Abuse & Rape Crisis Centre
- Galway Rape Crisis Centre
- Kerry Rape & Sexual Abuse Centre
- Kilkenny Rape Crisis and Sexual Abuse Counselling Centre
- Mayo Rape Crisis Centre
- Rape Crisis Midwest (Limerick)
- Rape Crisis Midwest (Nenagh & Clare Outreach Services)
- Rape Crisis Northeast (Louth)
- Rape Crisis & Sexual Abuse Couselling Centre for Sligo, Leitrim & West Cavan
- Tipperary Rape Crisis & Counselling Centre
- Tullamore Regional Sexual Abuse and Rape Crisis Centre (note: link is to email address or phone 057 932 2500)
- Waterford Rape & Sexual Abuse Centre
- Wexford Rape Crisis