Sexual Violence: #16stats in 16 days
25 November 2020, 12:00am - 11 December 2020, 12:00am
DRCC will be using the Global 16 Days Campaign to talk about the reality of sexual violence in Ireland, and to call on those who can to #supportsurvivors by donating.
DRCC faces the reality of sexual violence every day, but we must do more. There are some 411 survivors of sexual violence waiting to see a DRCC therapist. This significantly increased demand on DRCC Services coincides with our annual Flag Day fundraiser being cancelled in 2020 due to COVID-19, which usually raises €40k.
The Global Campaign is used worldwide to call for the elimination of gender-based violence and runs annually from 25th November (International Day Against Violence Against Women) to 10th December (International Human Rights Day).
DRCC will release #16stats, one every day, to tackle a different myth about rape and the harmful beliefs and attitudes around sexual violence that still exist in and damage our society – particularly for survivors.
Help us to tackle sexual violence in Ireland by donating to #supportsurvivors and sharing our #16stats to raise awareness.
- Make a donation online
- Text DRCC to 50300 to donate €4
Texts cost €4. DRCC will receive a minimum of €3.60. Service Provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 076 6805278
- Text HELP to 50300 to donate €4 a month
This is a subscription service. Text costs €4 per month. DRCC will receive a minimum of €3.60 per text. Service Provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 076 6805278.
For more information on supporting DRCC, please contact email@example.com
- SAVI, 2002: The SAVI Report (2002)
- Eurobarometer, 2016: Special Eurobarometer on Gender-based Violence (2016)
- Youth Work Ireland, 2018: The Positive Sexual Relationships Report
- NUI Galway, 2018: Porn Report, NUI Galway (2018)
- SATU 2020: SATU Annual Report 2019
- CSO 2020: Recorded Crime Incidents 2019
- DRCC Statistics Supplement 2019
- DRCC Annual Report 2019