DRCC here to support you during Level 5 restrictions
21 October 2020
Level 5 restrictions apply in Ireland from midnight on Wednesday 21 October 2020 (you can read more on the Government website).
Here in the DRCC, we know that these higher restrictions may be very difficult for those who have survived sexual violence, making them more anxious & needing support, no matter how recent or how long ago the abuse or assault.
We also know that sexual violence continues, no matter what level of restriction, and abusers may even take advantage of closer contacts to inflict violence on others.
Please know that Dublin Rape Crisis Centre remains here & ready to help anyone who needs support in the aftermath of sexual violence.
- You can call the National 24-hour Helpline 1800 77 8888 at any time for free & confidential support & information
- You can chat with a specialist support worker online using our webchat service from 10am to 2pm, Monday to Friday.
- You can check out our coping resources online, for info on calming/grounding yourself when anxious or learning more about trauma responses - how people may react following sexual violence.
Our counselling & therapy and accompaniment services also continue– you can find out more about these options on the services page, by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling 1800 77 8888 during office hours.
Note that our accompaniment service for those attending the Sexual Assault Treatment Unit in Dublin is unable to provide in-person support - however anyone attending the Unit can still get DRCC support via telephone at 1800 77 8888.
Our physical office in Dublin 2 will be closed to the public during the Level 5 restriction period.
- If you wish to report a rape or sexual assault, or if you need urgent help, you can contact the Gardaí by calling 112 or 999, or calling into your local Garda station.
- If you need medical attention following an assault or wish to have a forensic examination, please contact your nearest Sexual Assault Treatment Unit.
- There are 16 Rape Crisis Centres around Ireland – find one near you on our local support page.
**Please remember that we are here to support you through this difficult time – and please pass the word on to anyone who might need our help**