Working with issues of Childhood Sexual Abuse
Dublin Rape Crisis Centre, 70 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2.
This one day workshop is intended for those who in the course of their work come into contact with adults and adolescents who have experienced of childhood sexual abuse, and who want to enhance their understanding and skills to support these clients.
Issues addressed in the training include:
- Societal attitudes and myths concerning childhood sexual abuse: the impact of internalised beliefs
- The incidence of child sexual abuse
- The impact of sexual abuse
- Guidelines for facilitating a disclosure of sexual abuse
- Preventing re-traumatisation
- Working with sexual abuse: the impact on the worker
- Creating safety: self-help skills for the client
- Vicarious traumatisation and self care strategies for the worker
The course is participative in nature. The sensitive nature of the issues being addressed and their capacity to resonate with participants is taken into account in the approach. The training methods include the use of video and audio materials, lectures, role-plays, experiential exercises, case studies and small group work.
The fee for this Workshop is €95.00
Teas/coffees will be provided. (Lunch is not included)
For further information contact Leonie O’Dowd or Jane Baird at 01 6614911, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.