What kinds of training does the DRCC deliver?
Training programmes for professionals and volunteers who provide supports and services to victims of sexual violence and other trauma. Below are some examples of the types of training we can provide:
- Working with issues of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Offering support in the Aftermath of Rape and Sexual Assault
- Sexual Violence: Issues in The Therapeutic Process – a training for counsellors and psychotherapists
- Providing support on a Helpline
- Providing support at a Sexual Assault Treatment Unit
- Active listening and Counselling skills
- Vicarious Traumatisation: maintaining staff well-being while working with Trauma
- Developing and implementing policies eg. Child Protection
- Working with vulnerable groups who have experienced trauma
- Vicarious traumatisation – maintaining staff wellbeing and dealing with the impact of the work
- A range of training programmes for professionals in a variety of roles providing support and services to refugees and asylum seekers. These include:
- An introductory training for those in a variety of roles
- Training for Interpreters
- Training for Gardaí
- Training for those working with young children affected by trauma
- Training for those working in more in-depth roles
Who benefits from training from the DRCC?
Our Education and Training Department deliver training to a wide range of audiences, including
- HSE Staff
- Professionals working with Refugees & Asylum Seekers
- Addiction Support Workers
- Teachers and Youth Workers
- HR Managers
- Domestic Violence Support Staff
- Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Childcare Workers
- Consular Staff
- Student Union Officers
- Equality Officers
- Prison Staff
- Defence Forces
- Helpline Staff
- Social Workers
Our training is invitational and our courses designed to maximise participation. Our methodology includes information inputs, groups discussion, role play and case history.
Courses range from 1-day introductory workshops to a 12-day in-depth programmes for professionals who wish to develop their understanding and skills working with those who have experienced sexual violence
Courses are run with groups in their workplace, or in the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre.
For more information on our courses, please contact us.