DRCC Vacancy: Youth Programmes Co-ordinator
Education and Training Department
Full-time, 3-year contract
The Dublin Rape Crisis Centre is a non-profit organisation that aims to prevent the harm and heal the trauma of rape and sexual abuse.
This is a new full-time position for a 3-year contract (subject to continued funding) within the Education and Training Department.
This is an exciting new opportunity for the suitable candidate to ensure that our existing prevention initiatives – most notably our award-winning BodyRight programme for young people— continue to be delivered to an exceptionally high standard while expanding our range of sexual violence prevention activities and initiatives. The Youth Programmes Co-ordinator will play a critical role in creating a suite of factual, engaging products aimed at young people and those who support them, including parents, teachers, youth workers, coaches and others.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Education and Training.
Duties of the Youth Programmes Co-Ordinator include the following:
- Manage the development and delivery of the DRCC BodyRight programme including recruiting participants for training as facilitators; delivery of training; managing of panel of trainers; scheduling training
- Review and develop the BodyRight programme in light of a recent independent expert evaluation report, and in line with its recommendations, continue to develop it as an awareness raising and prevention programme for use in a variety of settings with young people
- Market and actively promote the DRCC BodyRight programme to its target audiences
- Collaborate with stakeholders in adapting and developing materials for use with key marginalised groups of young people, such as second and third level, ETB’s and other environments
- Develop and co-ordinate the DRCC panel of volunteer outreach speakers in conjunction with internal departments to expand and reach new target audiences
- Work with personnel within the DRCC to pursue funding opportunities and to shape policy development as relevant to prevention and young people
- Provide support services to the Youth Programmes Advisory Panel
- Keep accurate records and provide regular reports
- Other duties as may be required to fulfil the role.
- A relevant third level qualification (education, social work, youth work, counselling and psychotherapy, or similar)
Knowledge & Experience
- A commitment to the values and mission of the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre
- Previous experience of working with young people
- Previous experience of training of professionals
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- High degree of professionalism, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Experience of software packages including Microsoft Office suite (Office365 experience is a distinct advantage) and the ability to master new software packages.
- Experience of working with issues related to sexual violence
- A track record in developing programmes
- Excellent organisational, literacy and people skills.
Garda vetting will be processed for this appointment.
Reference checks will be required.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and CV by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5th March 2019 at 5pm.
Note: Interviews for this post will take place on 20th and 21st March 2019.
Volunteering with the DRCC
We are currently recruiting volunteers for our Spring training programme to support our telephone counselling and accompaniment services starts in March 2019. The closing date to apply is Friday 15th February 2019.
Visit our Volunteer With Us section for more information and training dates.
If you are interested in volunteering with our fundraising team or in some other capacity, we would love to hear from you. Email us with any queries.